24th May 2018
24th May 2018
- Who Controls What Happens to My Data? (Data Controller)
Each therapist at BodyMed is a sole trader and as such whoever, you see for your treatment will be in control of your data, or in other words, will determine the purpose and means of processing your personal data. Our Receptionist will also process your personal data.
- What Is Personal Information gathered as part of your registration and in the course of treatment at BodyMed?
As part of our registration process and during the course of your assessment and treatment, the scope of personal information gathered may include some or all of the following:
- Phone Number(s)
- E-mail address
- Preferred method of communication
- General Practitioner
- Past Medical History
- History of Present Complaint
- Results of investigations, such as X-rays, MRI reports, blood tests that are relevant
- Photos: pre- and post-treatment; during a running assessment, bike fitting or performing an exercise. Photos will only be taken with your consent and either stored on our hosted patient admin system that uses secure servers, encrypted data, with role-based access to records and account owner control and tracking, or deleted.
Occasionally, sensitive information may also be gathered which may include: your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership. It will be very rare that we require this information in the course of our duty of care towards you, but on limited occasions, it may be relevant.
- What do we do with the Personal Information gathered from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any services that you request from us including, but not limited to, booking an appointment, receiving treatment and advice, designing tailored exercise programs.
- To process payments and maintain accounts and records; to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders;
- To liaise with other medical professionals and allied health professionals about your care
- To send you newsletters, information about goods and services, plus any promotions we are running (with your permission) via e-mail;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To process your job application if you apply for employment or work experience at BodyMed;
- To improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Does BodyMed or it’s Therapists Share the Information it Receives?
JaneApp – you can learn more about JaneApp and GDPR here.
- How Secure is Information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure and is always done at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
- What about links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. BodyMed is not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website and as such, we recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. This information enables the BodyMed web server and operating systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information such as your IP address and other details about your computer for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
A copy of our cookies policy is available here.
- What Choices Do I Have?
You can always choose not to provide information or receive e-mails or promotional communications from us. In this case, just select ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any e-mails that may be sent to you or alternatively, you can contact us directly either via e-mail ([email protected]) or telephone (01 853 2788) and we will remove you from our system.
- What Rights do I have in relation to my Personal Information?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information, but this will mean that you cannot book and appointment or class
- You have the right to request your Personal Information in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended)
- BodyMed and its therapists keep your data for the minimum period required by law and our regulators, being 7 years from the date of your last visit or 7 years after your 18th birthday for minors. After this time we will delete your data.
- Personal information may be kept for longer in cases where there is a strong likelihood that the patient will be involved in a legal case.
- If you would like to access your Personal Information, you can contact us either via e-mail to ‘[email protected]’ or by post to BodyMed, 5 The Seapoint Building, 44-45 Clontarf Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3
- Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about Privacy at BodyMed, please e-mail s a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
- How to Contact Us